HEAVY CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT OPERATIONS
Operate heavy equipment including graders, tractors, backhoes, front-end loaders, dump trucks, and trash trucks, under supervision, in a safe and effective manner.
Students in Heavy Construction Equipment Operations are trained in the following subject areas:
- Operating power construction equipment, such as motor graders, bulldozers, scrapers, compressors, or front-end loaders, in order to excavate, move and grade earth, erect structures, or pour concrete or other hard surface pavement
- Coordinating machine actions with crew members in response to hand or audio signals
- Cleaning, maintaining and making basic repairs to equipment
Before entering the program, students must:
- Complete all required activity in the Career Preparation Period, including Career Exploration and Career Success/Workplace Skills.
- Meet basic academic requirements in math and reading.
As a Job Corps student, you will have the opportunity to earn credentials in your training area that may lead to greater employment opportunities, higher wages, and promotions.
Heavy Construction Equipment Operations Numbers to Know
National average earning potential for this career
Completion times vary by training area. Check with your admissions advisor.
While on the job, you will be expected to display the following traits at all times:
Attention to detail
Commitment to safety
Concern for others